Sunday, June 17, 2007

Yard Sailing (sic)

Cody, Lydia (my brother's wife), and I went to the "Seville Yard Sales" Friday and it was a great success. I went on a mission to find a playpen/bassinet and after hours of hunting and shopping, I found one buried under a blanket in a wagon in the back of their yard. We examined the playpen and it said "bassinet" on it, so we bought it for $20. When I got it home, I opened it up and was so pleased to discover that it has pink, purple, and turquoise dinosaurs all over it! However, the bassinet feature wasn't working or we're missing a few pieces, so I was disappointed with that. But dinosaurs for my little girl! How exciting!

We also got an exersaucer, a blanket, a Dr. Seuss book, and a "dirt buster" type vacuum cleaner so we don't have to lug out the heavy duty vacuum when we need to get some little pieces up off the floor. There were so many great baby items at the yard sales and I wanted to look through it all (and buy it all) but I couldn't... and I didn't. There were plenty of cute clothes, but I'm trying to hold back on clothes. We were looking for a 3- 6 month or 3- 9 month snowsuit, but we could only find 0-3 or 6-9. We might just have to wait until the season is directly upon us to find a decent one in the exact size we need it.

My goal has been to get through this pregnancy without puking. However, my heartburn has become so bad I don't know if I can make it. I get heartburn from drinking water, taking my vitamins, eating a Popsicle, and anything else that goes into or near my mouth. I'm back to feeling nauseous in the mornings and that is not fun. I thought I was over that after the first trimester, but I guess it's here for a little visit as we make our way into the third trimester.

Well, it's off to church we go! Today is Cody's first Father's Day :-) I woke him up and said, "You're going to be a daddy... in case you didn't know, I thought I should go ahead and tell you." He just smiled and nodded his head. He's going to be a great daddy. I just know it.

-Alicia

No comments: