Thursday, June 14, 2007

Week 25, Baby Gear, and Second Baby Shower!

Nothing much going on. Just keeping everyone updated. Our next doctor's appointment is the fifteenth. We're not having an ultrasound or anything, so it's just standard.

We are in week 25 now. I'm not sure how big she is and I don't know how much weight I've gained. I feel huge, though. After Cambria has graced us with her presence, I'm going to be on a weight loss mission. I don't like being this big and I'm only going to get bigger.

Cambria's dresser is full of clothes now. Because of this wonderful resource, Emma's Closet, we have been able to get more than enough clothing items for her. We have clothes that range from 0 mos. all the way to 12 mos. We have dresses, shoes, sleepers, creepers, nightgowns, onesies, and so on and so forth. We have been blessed to find Emma's Closet and my family has been buying blankets/clothes/baby gear throughout the months too. Cambria's crib is all set up with crib sheet(s), the mattress, a diaper organizer (overflowing with diapers and diapering needs), a sleep positioner, and blankets. One half of my bedroom has been converted into a nursery including a diaper genie, a wipe warmer, and many other baby items. As I lay in bed at night, I get to stare at the empty crib and imagine what it's going to be like when she's in there. I still need to get bumper pads and dust ruffles for the crib.

Speaking of all this baby gear... we're having a second baby shower on July 14th. I know a lot of you already went to the Canton one, so of course you don't have to come to this one, but if you didn't make it to Canton, I would love to see you on the 14th! As far as we know, it will be held here at our house or (if for some reason we can't) at my parent's church here in Rittman. I don't have a time for the shower yet, but getting the date was hassel enough. I will update my registry soon, but we are registered at Target and Babies 'R Us. Our nursery theme is still frogs/Kermit. If you can find Kermit items, you get major bonus points. At any rate, if you want to come to the July 14th shower, give me your address so we can send you an invitation ASAP. You can email me at putmeonstage@gmail.com. I will post all the information on this website when we figure out an exact location and time. There won't be any RSVP'ing so if you just want to show up without an invitation, be my guest! I love all the support that comes from having a shower. The more the merrier!

Cody's leaving for a visit to Texas soon and I hope to get a lot of stuff done on the downstairs portion of our house (where we live). I will miss him, but he knows the rules of visiting Texas, so I'm not worried. I'm sure Cambria will miss him cuddling her to sleep at night after I've drifted off. We'll survive though.

My feet are swelling, so I need to go put them up and cool off! I hope to be seeing some of you very soon!
-Alicia

No comments: