Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I want to be her mommy

It's 3 in the morning and I can't sleep. I have bad heartburn and my sleep aid isn't helping any. I'm out of Tums. Cody is fast asleep and I can't crochet anymore tonight. So here I am.

Cambria is doing well, as far as I know. The 15th is our next doctor's appointment and I'll be taking the test to be sure that my body can handle sugar. She moves around a lot and Cody has been holding her as he falls asleep at night. He says that after I fall asleep and he's holding her (my belly), it feels like there's a party going on in there. If I'm sleeping, she's partying.

Veronica has been here since yesterday and she's been poking my belly and trying to feel Cambria kick. Today, in the car, she put her hand on my stomach and said, "I can feel her foot." I laughed and told her she probably could. She also informed me that if I listen to headphones (on my ears) that Cambria could hear it, too. I explained that Cambria has her own ears and could hear everything Veronica was saying and if I put headphones up to my stomach, Cambria could hear it. She thought that was rather fascinating. Veronica's friend, Paige (6 years old), was in the car with us and as we were all sitting there silently, Paige looked over at me and said, "Your baby's just in there enjoying the ride." I laughed and agreed- she's just enjoying the ride.

I'm getting eager to meet Cambria. I want to know what kind of hair she's going to have and what her giggles and her cries sound like. I want to know if she likes cheese. I want to watch her sleep. I want to watch her roll over onto her stomach for the first time. I want to see Cody rock her to sleep. I want to know what she smells like. I want to tell her I love her. That's all I want. It's not too much to ask for.

-Alicia

No comments: