Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Nighttime ritual, Otis Alexander, and a few neccessities

Hmm, nobody comments anymore, so I hope the site is working and everything. Also, a side note: The RSS link does work. Let me know if you have problems with it.

There's nothing new going on really. I've gained about 13 pounds total so far. I'm coming to terms with my pregnant body and I can tolerate my reflection now.

Oh, the baby shower date has been changed (without my consent) and I think it's the 20th now and it's in Delaware, OH. I don't know... it's not my baby shower anymore, it's everyone else's. But that's another issue.

Work is fine. I want to quit, but that's not an option. Cody's on the job hunt and we're hoping he can find something soon. I don't want to be a stay-at-home mom or anything, but I would like to comfortably take my six weeks of maternity leave.

Last night Cody read Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss to Cambria. He claims that she asked him to read it again after the first time, so he read through it again. After that, he read Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss and she seemed to like the beginning of that one because she was kicking around. Then, to put her to sleep, I sang my favorite hymn, "Farther Along" and I read the first chapter of Before You Leap: A Frog's Eye View of Life's Greatest Lessons. In class we learned that it's good to go ahead and start a nighttime ritual with a song and other soothing things so that when she arrives, it will be familiar and comforting to her. Cody's been downloading some classical music that we'll be playing for her and we talk to her all the time. As soon as she comes out of the womb, she will know mine and Cody's voice better than anyone else's, so I want her to have fond memories of those voices. I do a lot of baby talking to our dog, Kemah, so maybe Cambria will get excited to hear that haha.

Last night, Veronica and I were laying in my bed talking and she gave me all the knowledge she had about babies. She also offered to give me some of her baby doll clothes for Cambria. She also mentioned that she wishes she could pull on her hair and it would grow then if she would push on it, she wishes it would go back in. I laughed and agreed that it would be nice to control the length of your hair that way. She asked if she was allowed to hold Cambria when she gets here and I said she could. Veronica is very excited to meet this little girl.

Oh, yeah. Lydia's having a boy! So every one's excited to have a little girl and a little boy. My dad is especially happy to be getting a grandson. His name will be Otis Alexander and he will be called "Xander". My dad's mom is really happy that they're naming him after my grandpa who recently passed away. This will be my parent's first grandson! Now Lydia can go nuts buying little boy clothes.

Since we've gotten a lot of great items lately, there are only a few big things left that we need. I tried to clean up our baby registry and took off everything that we didn't absolutely NEED. The major things that we still need are: a car seat, a stroller, a breast pump, crib bedding (bumpers especially), a crib nightlight, a snowsuit in 3-6 or 6- 9 months, a baby bathtub, and a few other odds and ends. I'm trying not to get these things before my baby shower so that other people will have things to buy for us, but I start to feel a little anxiety over not having them RIGHT NOW, so I end up buying them. Yesterday we got a play mat and a bottle warmer. Slowly but surely, it's all coming together. Now if only I could afford to pay my doctor's bills!

Now I have to go to work for 4 hours and try to make a little more money. I will let everyone know more about the shower date when I get more details (since I don't make the decisions). Stay cool and I'll keep you posted!
-Alicia

No comments: