Sunday, February 25, 2007

Maternity clothes and rapid growth

Well, I'm starting to develop a belly. Not a big one and it's not really noticeable, but it's there underneath my baggy tee shirts and pajama pants. Friday my mom and I went shopping for rehearsal dinner dresses. We went to strongsville mall and I may have possibly tried on every dress in that mall only to realize that my belly was making all the cutest dresses too short. The cut of the dresses is right, but the length was not. So we went to Kohl's and I didn't find anything there. Finally, we went to Target. I don't know how to say this, exactly, but... I got a maternity dress. I didn't get it because I needed it right now, but because the length was right and with the adjustable waist line, I have PLENTY of room to get HUGE and I can probably wear it through my whole pregnancy. The way I wear it now it just looks like a normal dress and you can't tell it's maternity, but it will be nice to have a sun dress to wear when I get huge. I have a feeling I'm going to get huge if I'm already getting a belly. I mean, the baby's only the size of a large lime right now, so I can't imagine what I'll look like when it's the size of a... well, baby.

In two weeks, I will be three months along. I've been counting weeks, so I didn't really think about dividing them up into months and it didn't even occur to me how far along I was. My mom pointed out that I had a little belly and I said, "No, it's too soon for me to be showing anything." and she said, "Well, you're almost out of your first trimester... so... no, it's not." I didn't even realize that!! Hopefully this means I'll be making it through the first trimester with no morning sickness. So far I've had a pretty ideal pregnancy except for the hemorrhage that caused cramps which has let up almost completely.

I haven't had any odd cravings, just odd times to be hungry. I don't wake up hungry, but I certainly get hungry late at night. Also, I've become the type of person who carries food in her purse now. Oh, man. Yesterday Cody bought me Girl Scout cookies (how sweet of him!) and later that night I took them to the mall with me. No matter what time I eat, I know that in another hour or two, I'll be hungry again. I can't stay pacified. I've also been eating A LOT of sugar. Well, a lot to me. I've been trying to cut back, but at work people always bring in candy and cookies and whatnot and I can't help but scarf it down. They, of course, encourage me to eat it because they know I will.

So that's about all. I'm still tired all the time, but soon we'll be entering the "rapid growth" period and I hear you get less tired. Seems odd, but I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Dot said...

I started really showing somewhere around 17 weeks. A friend of mine was twice as big as me at that point and I could have sworn she was going to have twins! Turns out she just gained it all in the beginning and the second half of her pregnancy she grew much slower. I on the other hand blew up like a blimp all of a sudden toward the end! Everyone is different, and the size of your belly actually isn't any indication of the size of the baby (hard to believe, isn't it?).

Sorry to hear about the milk of magnesia incident- I remember that happening after birth but at that point I was so terrified of popping stitches (which actually doesn't happen- so don't worry!)I didn't even care! Chances are your award winning regularity will be a thing of the past, at least for a while anyway. It'll get better though, I promise!

Do you have a date and location for the baby shower? Are you registering anywhere?

-katie

Alicia said...

I don't know if you'll see this, but I'll answer it here then I'll answer it in my next blog. As far as the shower, I'm not sure, but I will talk to the girls who are putting it all together and I'll get your address for an invitation. I don't know where I'll be registering, but I'm sure Target will be on there. We're going to work on the registry after the Ohio reception- March 24th. I'll keep you posted!
-Alicia