Monday, May 14, 2007

First kicks!

Cody and I spent the evening with my brother and his wife, Lydia. We made hot dogs, steaks, and s'mores on the fire/grill and just hung out and watched the dogs play in the backyard. This weather make me happy. I ate a lot!

After we were done eating excessively, we decided to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on DVD. Apparently Cambria really enjoys Ninjas!... or turtles? I sat down on the couch and she immediately began moving around. I unbuttoned my jeans to give her a little more room and she quit for awhile. As I got more relaxed, she began to move more and more. The farther into the movie we got, the stronger her kicks got. She was trying to be a ninja! I put Cody's hand on my stomach where I could feel her and it wasn't long before he felt some movements! He said it felt like a muscle twitching in my stomach. It wasn't really strong for him, but it was definitely a movement. Through the whole movie, she was moving a lot. Finally, when I came home and put pajamas on and got my prenatal listener thing out, she was completely still and quiet. So I'm sure that in a week or two, everyone will have the joy of feeling Cambria kick and punch and hiccup. Until then, I'll just enjoy these movements that only I can feel.

She still seems to sit really low in my stomach. I was wondering if she would move up at all, but she has stayed on the left side of my stomach, very very low. Sometimes if there's a loud noise or I make a sudden movement, I'll feel her jump slightly. She's definitely a mover! Sunday, on our way to church, I felt a lot of pressure on my bladder and I told Cody that she must have been sitting on it and I needed to pee badly! But by the time we got to church, she must have moved because the need to pee went away. It was really strange. She seems to jump around a lot during church. It must be the Holy Spirit getting into her!

So I was going to go to bed, but I wanted to share that with you. She's moving and Cody felt it! Things are getting exciting!

-Alicia

2 comments:

Dot said...

hope you had a wonderful first mother's day :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when Nathan felt Noah kick for the first time and how excited he was! After that he always had his hand on my belly lol

Love You!

~Melissa Hatton