Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I survived a wicked fever and one awful night of aches, pains, shivering, and sweating. My mom was so kind as to care for Cambria through the night while I struggled through the night and half of the next day. Finally I woke up and the fever was gone and I felt better.

I had my doctor's appointment today and everything has healed nicely and I can move on with my life. A quick examination did, however, show that I have thrush again. Needless to say I've been dealing with a lot of pain and suffering with this infection.

Heather & Kendra came over for a visit and I laughed and enjoyed my time with them. Ryan & Lydia also came over with Xander and it was nice to see them since I hadn't seen them in awhile! Tomorrow they're coming into work for their pictures and hopefully the girls will let me sell to them.

My cousin Melissa is getting married Saturday and the way things look it seems as though I won't be able to go to the wedding. My dad's mom is going to start chemotherapy Monday and Saturday was supposed to be the last time I would get to see her before that, but it looks like it won't happen. I knew when I took this job that I wouldn't have much freedom to request days off or anything, but it does get frustrating sometimes. Every time Melissa has anything going on (wedding, baby shower, birthday) I always have to work and I feel like I miss out on so much. I just hope it goes beautifully and I'll make an effort to see my grandma (and Melissa, Nathan & Noah) as soon as possible. My new hectic life tends to get very frustrating sometimes.

I need to sleep so badly. I can't believe I'm still awake. I'm going to eat cheesecake and try to relax. I've learned not to get my hopes up about sleeping because it just doesn't happen too often. Everyday is a fight for survival.

-Alicia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww!.. it's okay hun.. I know you wanted to come so bad! We missed having you,Cody and Cambria there but we undertand that you had to work. We love you guys!! <3

~Melissa YUX & family :)